And So it began

"ONCE UPON A TIME"....there came along this little lump...insignificant really when you compare it to the entire world of lumps. That is, right up to the point that it wasn't...insignificant I mean............... and so began my journey.

A NEWER SHADE OF I more then SURVIVE...I am learning to THRIVE...

OF COURSE... we all know things are bound to get a little crazy with a surprise around most every corner...not to mention an assortment of bumps and bruises along the way...but I am ever thankful for them all...they have all made me who I am. So buckle up, hold on tight and enjoy the ride thru what I lovingly refer to as LIFE

Monday, May 27, 2013

Many things have been going on since Mother's Day....but I will spare you the boring mundane and give you the highlights....

    After weeks of trying to self-repair my lousy left is still mucked and more painful every day.  I mentioned it when I had my oncology follow-up and WOW did I get the "full service" package.  My appt was at 9am and I got home @ 4:30pm.  In that space of time I had blood work done, 2 IVs put in (first one would run) full xray panel (along with this nasty PAINFUL invasive one where they pull fluid out of all you wrist joints to test for a bone/joint infection...NOT FUN!!!) then finally ending with a cortisone shot & a removable half cast. It is feeling better (but still painful) but the day after....I wanted to chew my arm off it hurt sooooo bad (like a charlie horse you cant stretch out for about 18hrs).  So you can imagine that writing this....actually everything has been more then a little challenge. Trying to get packed and organized for the "Gram's Tour" (GT)....let's just say I have WAY more sympathy for the entire monkey population....opposable thumbs rock...just sayin'.

     Now having qualified that...I am off and running on the GT and so far....only some minor hiccups.  The first leg started out with a bang....almost 2hr delay.  Good thing I got up at 3am after 4hrs of sleep...argg!! Oh well...I had a 9hr layover so I will try to find a quiet corner and grab some zzzzzz.  It was all worth it to see my 2 oldest girls Amp and Beb.  We had a great time getting reacquainted with them....they change so much so fast. Beb is the funniest little person that would put the EverReady Bunny to shame.....oh ya...her parents were good too....LOL!!!...& what can I say about Amp...she is still amazing...duh

     The 2nd leg was to be a 12 hr layover again after only 3hrs sleep and that gosh-awful 3am alarm...I had fewer hopes of finding a nap-worthy corner at this airport.  As I got off the plane the thought came to me to see if there may be an earlier flight I could catch to my destination.....THERE WAS!!!!  So I actually landed at 4:30 instead of midnight and only 4hrs layover.  Now imagine how I am suffering with a little sleep deprivation and walk down from my flight to see VoR standing there with a welcome sign. I know you are all doing the "oohs and ahhs" because he was able to pull off this HUGE surprise to come and spend a part of my tour with on the other hand could only keep looking at him repeating "What are you doing here??" much for your Hollywood romantic rendez-vous...sigh.  It was so totally gooey romantic of him (not surprising cause he is such a big hearted/selfless romantic cuss) and I am so WAY BLESSED!!!!!

Props to you and all your co-horts 
for pulling this one off

It is a few days later and I have seen all my girls.  Can I just say when Hop woke up in the car and giggle and jabbered at me until we got home...this Gram was sunk. She is so cute and has such a personality coming thru even in these 5 short months she has been around.  I so miss the gooey new baby stage...this one is really fun too.  These girls each are strong, delicate and energetic...what great traits to have...I can't wait to see them grow into 3 amazing, powerful & compassionate women.