And So it began

"ONCE UPON A TIME"....there came along this little lump...insignificant really when you compare it to the entire world of lumps. That is, right up to the point that it wasn't...insignificant I mean............... and so began my journey.

A NEWER SHADE OF I more then SURVIVE...I am learning to THRIVE...

OF COURSE... we all know things are bound to get a little crazy with a surprise around most every corner...not to mention an assortment of bumps and bruises along the way...but I am ever thankful for them all...they have all made me who I am. So buckle up, hold on tight and enjoy the ride thru what I lovingly refer to as LIFE

Friday, July 28, 2017

Gotta Be a FULL MOON 'Cause...

...NOW begins the total bizarreness of this mess...

As instructed I called the Breast Center the next day (as per the ER instruction) took 3 phone calls and 2 hours for them to figure out they had the orders and that I should come in and see the doctor. In the middle of all this, their booking office called me to schedule an ultra sound for the next morning. When I arrived the nurse very quickly told me they don't deal with drains in the clinic....DUH!!!  I had to wait 2hrs to see the doctor, who comes in and immediately it's obvious that she hasn't really read the ER report.  I give her the quick story of the night before and she tells me that I won't get my drain addressed until later in the week at the earliest & that other patients have much more swelling then me.  I'm not concerned about the swelling except that it might be infection not lymph backup.  She then admitted they read the report wrong and my coming in was a total waste of time & that she would call me when I could get the drain addressed.   I WAS SOOOO BEYOND UNIMPRESSED....I had been told the night before it needed to come out today & now I was in a holding pattern....WHAT?!?!  I called my ID doctor who had been following me VERY closely since the beginning....he said I can wait a couple of days but if the build up increased, to come back to the ER and they would have to deal with it.  So home I go a smudge calmer but still in pain.  VoR has been travelling for work most of this entire time so I have been relying on VERY DEAR FRIENDS to get from appt to appt since not only had VoR got me on house arrest...I couldn't drive if I wanted to with the restricted movement I have right now.  Later that evening my ID doctor called me to just check in and ask that I have him paged the next morning when I going for my ultrasound....after hours call at home....impressive!!!

So...I get to the BC (Breast  Centre) at 8am sharp so we can get this ultrasound done before my bone scan @9am.  I check in and let them know to page ID....and wait....and wait....and wait.  There really wasn't anyone else there for ultrasounds so at 8:45 I went back to the desk and they call out the Radiologist...cause now ID was there waiting too.  Well....she came out and blews a gasket accusing me of coming in without an they are trying to squeeze me in and it may take hours.  UMMMM....I calmly informed her of the appt made by them yesterday & that I had to go right away and do the bone scan injection but I would be back (I had 4 hrs to kill till the actual scan) to which she informed that quote "they would just miss their lunches so I could get my ultrasound done"....WHAT!?!  When I got back from my injection they got me right in (& again paged ID) and did the ultrasound...great.  THEN in came some doctor saying she was there to put in the new drain.....again WHAT?!?! Yesterday they said they didn't do that in they suddenly do??? and according to her "all the time" as she yanks out my drain.  You have to understand when the specialty team put the first drain in they said it was such a complicated access that IF it had to be changed they would have to do it.  Again with my confusion over  her wanting to do it.  She is getting ready to put the new one in and I'm like HOLD THE PHONE HERE!!!  Nothing is getting done until my ID doctor gets here. She then told me they are doing me a HUGE favour cause I didn't have an appt...and they were squeezing me in.....ummmWHAT!?!?  After 10 days in the hospital originally...By this point I am getting really tired of the right hand not knowing what the left one is doing.  I stood my ground and insisted that NOTHING be done till ID arrived.  He got there shortly and said they could go head since he had a current look at the state of my abscess.  It took her 3 times to put the drain in the right place so now I have 3 open draining site in my chest wall...2 with no drains, just dripping....attractive right!?!?  Lets just sum this up with...THIS DRAIN DIDN'T WORK!!!! It leaked down my leg on the way home and never drained more then 10cc of fluid (the saline amount they flushed the line with....not from me). OYE!!!!

No comments: