And So it began

"ONCE UPON A TIME"....there came along this little lump...insignificant really when you compare it to the entire world of lumps. That is, right up to the point that it wasn't...insignificant I mean............... and so began my journey.

A NEWER SHADE OF I more then SURVIVE...I am learning to THRIVE...

OF COURSE... we all know things are bound to get a little crazy with a surprise around most every corner...not to mention an assortment of bumps and bruises along the way...but I am ever thankful for them all...they have all made me who I am. So buckle up, hold on tight and enjoy the ride thru what I lovingly refer to as LIFE

Saturday, August 11, 2012

     SO…apparently I’m not as tough as I thought…why you ask…1) the biopsy itself hurt this time, 2) I had site bleeding for 24 hours so I had to be bound tight with an ice pack for the entire first day…yippee!!! 3) my boob is killing me (of course cuz the two spots couldn’t be close to each other, that would be way too convenient… so the whole “girl” hurts) and 4) my tummy is really upset too…but don’t counting me out just yet…this too shall pass.  This procedure was tougher than I thought it would be (compared to the first one)…either way…OUCH!!!
     All in all…not a banner waving couple of days.  I really guess I don’t feel horrible (it is probably gonna…no…for sure it’s gonna get a lot worse) I’m just achy, tired and it’s occasionally really painful.  On the upside…with the Lord’s help and my commitment to myself and Him) I managed to keep my promise to approach every step of this journey with honesty, humor, grace, patience, co-operation and to keep peacefully calm (which might I add is my constant companion through everything), being positive to everyone involved with my care and treatment.  I know these are gonna be hard promises to keep….good thing the Lord is on speed-dial

**SIDEBAR** I am so committed to this new way of seeing things and interactions with others…that when I shut my fingers in the oven door (stop laughing anytime)on the sharp rough side, I didn’t even think of a cuss/bad word let alone throw one out…WOW!!!
     So here I sit like the “Queen of Sheba” – not being allowed to do anything for the next 48hrs (as per post-biopsy orders). Can I just say the VoR is WAYYYYY too good to me!!!!...and don’t even think of taking this out when you poof/edit this for me ;-)  He has always been the biggest tender mercy  given me by the Lord…they just seem to be gathering more often around me these days…cha ching!) Now I know you are thinking…”stop complaining”.  Let me just say for the record…I am no hero…I am just fine following orders (most of the time) and when I am home alone, sitting around is no big deal…BUT get the VoR here working so hard and efficiently as well as being at my beck and call while I sit around on my keester… copious amounts of STUPID guilt begin to pile up quickly…that inevitably leads to me getting a smidge (some are bigger smidges then others) grumpy…so really…it’s a no win for anyone around here really.  I know I need to get past this issue, as there will probably be a whack load more days like these to come.

     I was reading in my “boob book”(see earlier post for title info) and discovering a ton of new stuff and after myself imposed boycott last week from “boob info/book due to brain overload” it is good to get back into it.  The one thing that surprised me the most was how your body reacts to the radiation treatment.  I always thought it was the chemo that caused the exhaustion but it appears that radiation is as bad if not worse (according to the book) and it’s not like the “I’m pooped from working hard” tired…it’s the “coming down with the flu” tired…so totally wipes you out and it can last for months after treatment is finished…oh yippee!!!  BUT …on the upside…maybe all this will reset my internal clock and solve this insomnia issue…wouldn’t that be a marvie benefit.  Only time will tell.