Well let me just say….I have now just made it over my first 2 hurdles…Yippee for me (insert happy dance). Now let’s be honest here for a second…in the grand scheme of things these are pretty little hurdles for most people….but for “the world’s biggest needle chicken” these were HUGE!!!! After all….just the pictures on Sunday did me in….now fast forward to the MRI tonight….I have to be honest…my heart was beating a smidge faster as we drove to the hospital but nothing I couldn’t handle….then we got to the waiting room to register for the MRI….(insert dramatic/foreboding movie music)and wouldn’t you know it….out walks a lady with the IV sticking out of her hand?!?!? Well…that was it…I went white as a sheet and green around the gills and started sweating all in the space of about 15 seconds!!! I actually had to go stand in the hall…and that started the adventure ….as for the MRI itself…not too bad….but what a fiasco!!! It started with missing blood work and ended with 25 minutes face down in what sounded like being inside a concrete footing being pounded into the ground…an adventure for sure….(email me if you want more info…especially if you are facing one)
The doctor did warn me that MRI’s show everything and over 70% of what it sees is nothing to worry about so if they call me to do more biopsies…don’t panic…it is really more to just to rule it out. She did say that there are 2 more spots they want to check and an inflamed lymph node. It could be sucky….but I am still calm about it…after all….if it’s there, it’s there and nothing I can do will change it. All I can do is hold tight to my faith and that sweet assurance that all will be well and it is in God’s hands and He has the plan…I just add it to the list and continue to walk on.
I had been planning a trip to go see my girls for a couple of weeks (before this all started) so after talking to my surgeon we all decided that going away for my quick little vacation to see my girls would be good for me... so off I fly….I got to my first connection and had a phone message that my results were already back and that I need to be back home in 4 days for more biopsies. (insert REALLY sad face!!!) I am hoping to put it off for a week but that will all depend on when I get a surgery date…I will know for sure tomorrow when I need to get this thing taken out and when I need to head home.